Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I'm Back?

Alright, it's obvious, I suck at keeping this blog up to date. I've always loved the cathartic nature of reflecting on one's life through a blog or journal yet never seem to be great at keeping up with such self-reflection tools for longer than a few weeks. My growing collection of store bought, DIY-ed, and digital means for journaling perfectly represents my struggle. Regardless, here I am with thoughts of nostalgia and self-reflection crawling back to my digital journal that will forever be waiting and saved as a collection of 1's and 0's on the interwebs. Looking back at my scarce collection of published and saved but never published blog posts, I've noticed a trend for when I return to this blog: I tend to return either just before or immediately after a big change in my life. Today is no different. The last post published on this blog lists the things I've learned about myself and medical school at the end of my first year of medical school. Since then, I've continued with my medical education and have accomplished and passed many milestones like taking Step 1 at the end of my second year, starting clerkships and getting to know some amazing patients and medical professionals during my third year, and finally applying for and interviewing for jobs as a fourth year. This is the part of my life from where I write to you all now. I'm nearing the end of my OB-Gyn residency interview trail and have to turn in my rank list of programs in 2 months. After that, my future lies in the hands of an algorithm and, more importantly, God.

I had a lot of initial thoughts of what I wanted this post to be about: advice about residency applications, advice about residency interviews, and/or reflections about my journey applying to residency. I will hopefully eventually write a separate blog post about each of these topics, but I think for now I'll leave this one as an update on where I am in my life now and what my future plans for this blog are. In an ideal world where I am not a lazy procrastinator, I will follow through with the above as well as maybe detail future trips I hope to go on. Until then, just know that I'm doing well, the residency interview trail is long and tiring, and medical school is long and tiring. Overall, however, I wouldn't change anything about how I've lived my life for the past 3.5 years.

I hope you all are doing well also.

No comments:

Post a Comment